Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 303: Hoppus Maximus



Name: Hoppus Maximus
Brewer: Thirsty Dog Brewing Co. (Akron, OH)
Classification: Amber Ale
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: Thirsty Dog makes a number of beers that I want to try and have yet to, but in the interest of keeping a little variety in my drinking I chose their Amber Ale. Hoppus Maximus pours a dark copper/light amber color with minimal, white head. The aroma was really strong. As I was taking the second picture it was creeping into my nostrils and enticing my senses. It has a bright, hoppy smell that you usually get with an IPA, not an Amber Ale. A few sips in I knew this was a different type of Amber Ale. This one had malts, but less than normal. It had hops, but more than normal. It had sweetness, but fruitier than normal. The feel was thin, but more carbonated than normal. This beer was an amber ale, but not normal. Not really that much better than a normal Amber Ale.

Rating: 79/100


No comments:

Post a Comment