Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 307: Flashback




Name: Flashback 
Brewer: Boulder Beer Co. (Boulder, CO)
Classification: American Brown Ale
Alcohol: 6.88%

Thoughts: Brown Ales have become a really good find for me during this past year. I really only drank a couple of different Brown Ales before this blog but there are several more that I would recommend now. I thought I would try one of the oldest Craft Breweries in the country's version of of American Brown Ale. This brown ale does in fact pour a brown color with reddish hues and a thin, fizzy head. The aroma was rather malty with a bit of toffee and coffee. It reminded me of a heath bar in a lot ways. After the smell I anticipated it to be rather normal and sane. However, Flashback gave me flashbacks of my very own Pale Ale. It was filled with malts, but not too much. The hops had a bitterness to them that really set the mood. And on top of it all was the great finish. Smooth, clean, reassuring and of course sweet. The feeling of this beer was a bit bubbly, but thin. It is a very drinkable beer. Boulder is such a great brewery and I really haven't had anything bad from them. 

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment