Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 306: The Preacher



Name: The Preacher
Brewer: Lonerider Brewing (Raleigh, NC)
Classification: Saison
Alcohol: 5.8%

Thoughts: I had this beer at lunch with my family. I had heard that Lonerider had released it, but I had not seen it anywhere. So of course I ordered it, and after a sip of mine my Aunt ordered it too. This was one of the best Saisons I have ever had, to put it simply. It pours a luscious dark copper color with an evenly gorgeous white head. The aroma was slightly peppery with a hint of biscuity malts. It was simple and clean. Now, when it comes to the taste of Saisons you want so crossbred of sweet and spicy, but not too much or too little of either. This one hit on the head of the nail in both. The clove was supple and inviting, and the hops packed enough bitterness to not overwhelm you. I also got some notes of white grapes and to wrap it all into a nice bow was the Belgian yeast. The most well balanced Saison I can think of. Well done Lonerider! 

Rating: 88/100




No comments:

Post a Comment