Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 305: Modelo Especial


Name: Modelo Especial 
Brewer: Grupo Modelo (Mexico City, Mexico)
Classification: American Adjunct Lager
Alcohol: 4.4%

Thoughts: Of all the Mexican beers that I had had previous to this blog, Modelo Especial was my favorite. It is the perfect beer to have on a hot day because it is as smooth and as clean as water. I have always thought there was a place for Modelo in the beer world and I still do. Now, it isn't the greatest beer in the world, it may  not even be the best Mexican beer. However, the fact that it has a real identity and many enjoyable qualities make it worthwhile to me. The next time you plan on tailgating or do some day drinking this summer, reach for the Modelo instead of your Bud Light's and Coors. 

Rating: 77/100


No comments:

Post a Comment