Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 302: Carolina Blonde



Name: Carolina Blonde
Brewer: Foothills Brewing (Winston-Salem, NC)
Classification: American Blonde Ale
Alcohol: 4.3%

Thoughts: I ended up having some friends over on Saturday night and one of them left some Carolina Blondes in my fridge. So what else was I supposed to do but drink and review them. Thanks ReTodd! This American Blonde Ale pours a light yellow with very little gold to it and an frothy head, similar to the head you get on a witbier. The smell was fairly earthy with some grass, malt and something musty. I don't know what the musty smell was from, but I have noticed it in Blonde Ales before. The taste is very acidic and bitter. Not an impressive start. However, the latter stages of this beer develop nicely. The hops are light, but crisp, and the malts are not very fruity, but sweet. This is a decent beer and there are a ton of different options out there. I think this could be passed over, but its not bad. 

Rating: 78/100


No comments:

Post a Comment