Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 319: Burning River


Name: Burning River
Brewer: Great Lakes Brewing Co. (Cleveland, OH)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 6%

Thoughts: It's been a rough week. I have a lot going on at work and so does the wife. So we decided to grab a drink together ... at 4:00. We needed it. When we got to the bar I looked over the menu and while there was a really good beer list I have had most of it on this blog. However, I had not had Great Lake's Burning River, and you can't really go wrong with Great Lakes. As you can see in the picture this beer pours a crisp amber color. I had a few sips before I remembered to take a picture. There is a good balance of fruity hops and sweet malts in the nose. The taste is made mostly of caramelized malts, but there are a few surprises as well. You get a great piney taste from the hops on top of the citrus. Usually you get one or the other. Also, there is a tender tartness to the aftertaste that I really enjoyed. The only way to really describe this beer is to say that is holds all the qualities you look for in an American Pale Ale. Let me just say that as my time doing this blog is coming to an end, Great Lakes has been one of the best surprises. I really have been super impressed with everything they have had to offer. If you haven't had anything from them yet, go get something. 

Rating: 87/100


No comments:

Post a Comment