Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 298: Bruno Bitter


Name: Bruno Bitter
Brewer: Boylan Bridge Brewpub (Raleigh, NC)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.5% 

Thoughts: For the people in this world who are not aware of Boylan Bridge Brewpub be forewarned, it is awesome! It os a local Brewpub that sits on the edge of a bridge that has an awesome patio that overlooks all of downtown Raleigh. The view is simply epic. The food could be better, but the view is the best! Oh yeah, they make their own beer too, which ain't half bad. I ordered the Bruno Bitter. A cloudy, light copper colored brew with a small, wispy head sitting on top of it. Even in the open air with breezes blowing about I could still get the bitter, stingy hops and pale malt aroma. The taste of the beer was less bitter than I thought it would, which ended up being a good thing. It had a little bit of sweetness built of top of toasted malt. The bitterness came in afterwards for a quicky and then ducked out again before the aftertaste was over. The finish was dry and a little rough, but nothing I couldn't handle. This isn't a complex beer, but it is an interesting one. I feel confident saying that even though I was mesmerized by the location in which I was drinking this beer. 

Rating: 83/100


No comments:

Post a Comment