Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 315: Belgo



Name: Belgo
Brewer: New Belgium Brewing Co. (Fort Collins, CO)
Classification: Belgian IPA
Alcohol: 7%

Thoughts: I can't tell you how much I am itching to drink a beer and not have to write about it. I knew this blog would eventually get under my skin, but I didn't realize how much under my skin it would get. Ready for Day 366 to come! Belgo pours a very hazy, sediment-filled orangey-copper color. If you are wondering why there is no head it is because this thing exploded out of the bottle and I was very lucky to get as much as I did in the glass. By the time I finished cleaning up my spillage the head was gone. The nose was deep and heavy with lots of Belgian yeast, fruity hops, and bready malts. The taste was acute and aggressive with the Belgian yeast splashing and tingling the back of the throat. The pepper and zesty fruit wash over the palate and down to your stomach before you can realize what's happening in your mouth. Big flavors and big feel make this a really solid beer. New Belgium really is an immensely talented brewery and I am so thankful they are coming to North Carolina!

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment