Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 121: Bohemia



Name: Bohemia
Brewer: Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma (Monterrey, Mexico)
Classification: American Adjunct Lager
Alcohol: 4.8%

Thoughts: I got an email last week from Bohemia's PR firm and they were sending out samples for people to try and discuss on blogs, reviews and other sources of media. Well I jumped at the opportunity to get some samples and this is the resulting review. Bohemia poured a pale, lucid gold with a clean white head that struggled to grow as I poured it. The aroma was faint, but grassy notes and fruity hops were present in my nose. So far it smelled and looked like most Mexican beers that I have had and I thought this review would be mundane and repetitive. However, the taste of this beer, which is completely unsupported by the look and smell, turned it around. It starts with a sharp crispness from the hops and transitions nicely into a sweet graininess from the malts. The finish is florally, full and just delightful. This just may be the best pale Mexican beer I have had. There are a lot of adjunct lagers, but they seem to have made it their own. I recommend this over Corona or Landshark, and with some more tasting it could probably take over Modelo. There is a picture of what the sent me on the Beer Me page. 

Rating: 85/100


No comments:

Post a Comment