Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 140: Jamaica Sunset IPA




Name: Jamaica Sunset IPA
Brewer: Mad River Brewing Company (Blue Lake, CA)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 7%

Thoughts: I am behind on my blogging but not behind on my drinking. I had this a couple days ago, but it is still in my mind. Here's why. This unfiltered American IPA poured a dirty blonde with a bursting white head that rises out of the top of the glass. The barrage of grapefruit, must, yeast and floral hops manages to incense the nostrils and excite the mind. The feel of this beer is smooth, clean and refreshing. There is a surge of sweet, fruity flavors followed by a spicy alcohol dosage and a hint of pale malts. There is also an obvious bitterness to this beer. I really enjoyed this IPA and think that it might be a little under rated because I found little evidence that people agreed with me. I know if I enjoy an IPA this much it must be good, because I am still finding my inner-IPA lover. 

Rating: 87/100


No comments:

Post a Comment