Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 117: Devil's Tramping Ground


Name: Devil's Tramping Ground
Brewer: Aviator Brewing (Fuquay Varina, NC)
Classification: Tripel
Alcohol: 9.2%

Thoughts: I kind of wish that this Tripel had been served in a chalice fit for Satan himself instead of this pint glass that doesn't even match the beer that came in it. A Tripel deserves more respect than that. Despite that drawback it was a wonderful experience drinking this devilish delight. This unholy bastard of a drink poured a hazy golden yellow with a compacted white foamy head. Just the look of this got my senses aroused. The smell of this brew was clean with plenty of sweet and spicy malts to perk them up even more. I didn't expect the taste that I received. I thought it would be this balls-to-the-wall sacrilegious attempt at a Belgian specialty. Instead is was a refined, gracious attempt, just with a devious name. The sweet malts and Belgian yeast were paired nicely with the orange zest and coriander. It had a great warming effect as it went down my throat and into my belly. It also had a slight creamy texture that was very pleasant. What surprised me though was the fact that it did not taste like it was 9.2% alcohol by volume. This beer was easier to drink than a lot beers that have 4-5% alcohol. I recommend this for anybody who can: 1. Get their hands on it, and 2. Enjoys a sophisticated beer with great results. 

Rating: 85/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment