Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 118: Peroni Nastro Azzuro


Name: Peroni Nastro Azzuro
Brewer: Birra Peroni (Rome, Italy)
Classification: Euro Pale Lager
Alcohol: 5.1%

Thoughts: I was at an Italian restaurant for dinner and I was in the mood for some European beer. Sometimes the mood just strikes me to do that even though I know there are better options available to me. This my friends is a good sign. I have yet to become a "Beer Snob". I am still just a good ol' "Beer Lover". If I was only drinking craft beer that was brewed in a shed deep in the woods of Maine with ingredients so rare most beer drinkers have never heard of them, then I would say that I have lost the fun in beer. It would also make me a hipster. Anyways, the Peroni poured a glimmering pale gold with a thin, tasteless head. The aroma was very generic, but likable. It reminds me of the salt-less bread that you get at a restaurant in Italy. The taste is also Euro Pale Lager simple. It tastes like every other beer that is this style, whether it is Estrella Damm, Harp, or Stella Artois. These are enjoyable beers, but nothing complex or exciting about them. I love drinking these beers when the occasion calls for it, but on a quest for the best beer in the world they can easily be skipped. 

Rating: 75/100


No comments:

Post a Comment