Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 115: Seeing Double DIPA


Name: Seeing Double DIPA
Brewer: Foothills Brewing Co. (Winston Salem, NC)
Classification: Imperial IPA
Alcohol: 9.5%

Thoughts: The wife and I tried a new bar tonight called City Beverage right here in Durham. When I arrived I was captivated by the great beer selection and reached for something a little different that what I would normally get at a bar. I came up with Foothills' Seeing Double DIPA (Double India Pale Ale). This Imperial IPA poured a rusty orange body with coppers and golds shining through the edges of the glass. The aroma was full of juicy citrus and caramel malts combined with pine notes and vivid hops. Up front the taste was robust, spicy and packed with notes of tea, candy, and hazelnut. The back end was full of more citrus and parsley. There was a lot happening in my mouth during the drinking experience. The alcohol was right on the cusp of being over-bearing but I could sip it pretty easily. It was an outrageous brew and I do not know if I could handle it again, but I do recommend it to anybody who likes Imperial IPAs.

Rating: 85/100

No comments:

Post a Comment