Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 142: CBC Pale Ale



Name: CBC Pale Ale
Brewer: Carolina Brewing Co. (Holly Springs, NC)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.6%

Thoughts: The last time I had CBC's Pale Ale was about two years ago and I wound up in the hospital with Gastroenteritis. I don't think it actually had anything to do with the beer, but nevertheless it brought up memories of puking my guts out every time I thought about ordering it. Well, it came time to select it and review it for the sake of The Beer Year. This APA pours a dark gold with a thinning head that completely disappears by the time you are halfway done with it. The hops are piney which pinch at the nostrils and the malts are bready and slightly pale. There is also a bit of fruitiness mixed in the aroma. The taste of this beer is pretty simple. It taste just like it smells. It is not overly suggestive, but it maintains a solidarity that is enjoyable on the palate. I do enjoy this brew even though I do not think it is the greatest in the world. It seems to keep my attention just top enough to want more of it.  

Rating: 80/100


No comments:

Post a Comment