Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 119: El Toro Cream Ale


Name: El Toro Cream Ale
Brewer: Fullsteam Brewery (Durham, NC)
Classification: Cream Ale
Alcohol: 5.5%

Thoughts: My brother, wife and I all have birthdays around the same time so we all went out to Angus Barn for a glorious dinner and some drinks. There were some great local brews on tap, but this was the only one I had not had. Also, I forgot my camera so I don't have a picture. It was served in a big frosty mug and it looked a common gold with a similarly common white head. It reminded me of a German pilsner. This is the only beer of this style that I have ever had so I had no idea what to expect out of the aroma and taste. They were both very close to each other in how I would describe them. They both had a wheat/bread note, a small amount of spice and a fruity twist. This was a very clean beer, not too complex but different enough to get me excited. Fullsteam keeps up their excellent pedigree with another solid brew. 

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment