Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 131: Monk In The Trunk



Name: Monk In The Trunk
Brewer: Inlet Brewing Co. (Jupiter, FL)
Classification: Amber Ale
Alcohol: 5.5%

Thoughts: I will go ahead and say I bought this beer on the simple fact that the name is awesome! I think that is a good enough reason to by anything. Probably not good logic, but we are going to move past that and do a review. This Amber Ale pours a sufficient copper color with a small soft head resting on top. The nose was mellow with hints of the standard caramel, toasted malts and barley. It was pretty fresh and so was the flavor. This is probably due to it being an organic beer. The taste had more hints of caramel, a little toffee and some fruity sweetness. This was different to me as the sweetness in an Amber Ale usually comes from the caramel, but this sweetness was flowery and clearly from some added fruit. Which fruit? I couldn't really put my finger on it. This was the first organic beer that I have had where I see the advantage of it. Other organic brews I have had have been slightly dull in flavor, but this was more full and obviously very clean. Overall this is a good beer. Not great, but solid enough to get my recommendation.

Rating: 83/100


No comments:

Post a Comment