Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 130: Uinta HooDoo



Name: HooDoo
Brewer: Uinta Brewing Co. (Salt Lake City, UT)
Classification: Kolsch
Alcohol: 4%

Thoughts: You know when you have never heard of something and then all of a sudden you see it everywhere? Well, that is what happened with Uinta Brewing Company. I don't know if they went through a re-branding or started a new advertising campaign, but I have seen their beer everywhere. I have finally decided I was going to smell a little bit of what they got cooking. I chose to start off with their Kolsch, HooDoo. It poured a decent shade of yellowish-gold and was as clear as day, which is what Kolschs are supposed to look like.The aroma is light and fun with flowery notes and sweet malts floating out of the glass. The taste is pretty easy to read. it has the usual sweetness and biscuity malts that you expect in a Kolsch. I also noticed this beer had a silky smooth feel combined with a great carbonation level that accentuates the drinkability of HooDoo. This was a good first experience with Uinta, so don't be surprised if you see a few other Uinta brews on The Beer Year.

Rating: 82/100


No comments:

Post a Comment