Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 291: Yuengling

Shitty Beer Week!
I have decided to have a Shitty Beer Week to celebrate the horrendous mass produced beer that does such an elegant job of representing this country's beer market! Go Shitty Beer!



Name: Yuengling 
Brewer: Yuengling Brewery (Pottsville, PA)
Classification: Amber Lager
Alcohol: 4.4%

Thoughts: There are two "shitty" beers that I genuinely like. This is one of those. BeerAdvocate actually gives it an 80 rating. And in the North you see this beer sell for $10 a 6-pack (in the South it is $5). So I don't know how shitty this can actually be called, but it is massed produced, cheap as hell, and made in Pennsylvania (2nd to Jersey as the worst state in the Union). If I was going to recommend one beer this week, this would be it. I really like Yuengling and I will drink it until the day I die. 

Rating: 74/100



No comments:

Post a Comment