Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 273: Saison De Aviator


Name: Saison De Aviator
Brewer: Aviator Brewing Co. (Fuquay-Varina, NC)
Classification: Saison
Alcohol: 7.5%

Thoughts: I had sometime to kill today so I thought I would pop on down to the bar and grab me a nice cold one. They had their usual draft selection, but with Spring Seasonals coming out they landed a couple of kegs of Saison De Aviator. I saw it on the board as soon as I walked in and I ordered it before I sat down at the bar. It pours a frosty gold with a snowy white head. The light shinning through it was gorgeous. I didn't really need to stick my nose in the beer as the aroma was quite lofty and potent. I got a lot of spice and wheat. They were the two main components and were fairly strong leaning on each other to support the nose. I also got some bitterness from the hops. A little different from most saisons. I was able to enjoy this beer while watching Baseball and the Masters which was a mini-Sportsgasm in itself. The beer made it even better because of its spring like flavors and pertinent enjoyability. Dark fruits, citrus, pepper, clove, and a nice balance of malts and hops are all available for tasting in the brew. This been really grabs at the senses and sends little tingles down the tongue and throat. Saison De Aviator is a really good, experience-worthy beer. 

Rating: 85/100


No comments:

Post a Comment