Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 280: World Beer Festival



I spent the day enjoying All About Beer's World Beer Festival in downtown Raleigh. With over 100 different breweries represented and over 300 different beers available I was pretty much in Beer Lover's heaven. Everybody got a little glass that you could use to stroll around and fill up from all the different vendors. They only pour you 2oz at a time, which means you can try tons of beers. I don't remember all the ones I tried and I lost count after about 20, but I think I ended up somewhere in the mid 30s in number of beers tried. I do remember getting to try beers from many breweries that have been featured on this blog including Allagash, Unibroue, North Coast, and pretty much every NC brewery. As well as some new breweries. 


They also had food pairing exhibits to try as well as forums and guest speakers. I managed to get a lot of free stickers and I ran into a number of friends. It was just overall a great afternoon. The have another one in Durham in October and I may just have to go to that one too. So, I know I didn't feature one beer on here today, but I drank plenty. 





No comments:

Post a Comment