Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 287: Turbodog



Name: Turbodog
Brewer: Abita Brewing Co. (Abita Springs, LA)
Classification: English Brown Ale
Alcohol: 5.6%

Thoughts: I'll be honest, I only picked this out because it was on sale. I know, I should be trying beers I want to try and not ones that are convenient. It is not that I didn't want to try it, but I wasn't very excited about it. Although, sometimes things work out a lot better than you intend for them to. This beer pours out a nice dark color, that produces a nice light brown head and lace on the glass. The aroma consists of toffee, chocolate, and some roasted malts. This is a good beer on a cold, rainy day like today. The taste is almost a mirror of the aroma but with more chocolate and toffee showing through, while the finish is a mix of some nuttiness and caramel. The feeling is creamy like a coffee with half & half and sugar. Of all the Abita beers I have had, this is the best, plus it is brewed with a very high quality. A full recommendation from me.

Rating: 86/100



No comments:

Post a Comment