Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 271: Genesee Cream Ale


Name: Genesee Cream Ale
Brewer: Genesee Brewing Co. (Rochester, NY)
Classification: Cream Ale
Alcohol: 5.1% 

Thoughts: I was feeling something traditional, but new to me when I picked out Genesee Cream Ale. Apparently they have been around a long time, but I have never heard of them. I was also in the mood to drink straight from the bottle when I picked it out of the fridge. Therefore no pour and no picture of what it looks like. However, most Cream Ales I have had have been very crystalline and clear with a lot of carbonation and little head. I expect that this one is similar to those. The smell of this beer was pretty much non-existent. I got nothing but a faint alcohol smell. So not a good start for Genesee. I took a few sips of this, rather enjoying the texture and feel of it. However, the taste never met my expectations. There is a little sweetness and a lit bit of creaminess to it. There is also a wee bit of hops and malts that are as noticeable as Secret Service agent. Take that crappy analogy for what you will. Now the upside of this beer is that  it is cheap. The cheapest single bottle of beer I have bought at a store before at only $1.19 a bottle. This is a better alternative to Bud Light and Miller Lite. 

Rating: 74/100


No comments:

Post a Comment